Monday, December 13, 2010

Wind Chills

Today the wind chill made the temperature this morning feel like it was in the 30s.  I know what you are thinking... a girl from Syracuse should be able to handle that weather.  Well I can, but it still feels very very very cold to me. 

Today as I sit and listen to the wind whistle outside my window.  I am thankful, very very thankful for this wonderful place that I live.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that I would live in a place where palm trees were dressed up in lights for Christmas, where the beach is the place people go for baptisms, and where 30 degrees makes me cold.

Though I am thankful for this amazing place, I am also so thankful that I grew up with the seasons.  I love the feeling of expectancy when I would hear that we were going to get dumped with snow.  I adored waking up to white blankets of beauty covering the trees, sidewalks, and roads.  I truly loved it!  I am thankful that I know what it means and feels like to have to scrape my car- or blow dry the ice to melt it so that I could open my door.  Those memories are amazing!

Here is a fun article that I came across the other day.  I am thankful I grew up there, but even more thankful that I don't live there now :)

1 comments:

hermes kelly replica said...

I felt very happy while reading this site. This was really very informative site for me. I really liked it. This was really a cordial post. Thanks a lot!.