Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Roses in December...

Life is hard, isn't it? Times are different for my family... different than they have ever been. I am not going to go into details, but I decided to move on from the stress and discontent, and look to gratefulness.

For the next 25 days, I am going to blog each day about something that I am grateful for this December. There will be no particular order to this- each I am equally thankful to have

"God gave us memories so that we might have roses in December."
James Matthew Barrie

So today is December 1-





Have you met my husband? Slim Gillian is the craziest yet most amazing person that I have ever known. I have had countless people tell me that they wouldn't have put us together in a million years and to be honest I have even thought the same thing myself.
I work a desk job and wear professional clothes. He has piercings on his face, is covered in tattoos, and plays in a rock band. Things like this just simply don't usually make a good match. But our God has a great sense of humor, and knows just what we need. Slim calms me when I stress and helps me to loosen up a bit. I help him stay focused and try to keep him organized.

Through these last rough few months, Slim has been so constant and encouraging. His love and support has been overwhelming and amazing, and I know that I wouldn't be the same person without him.

I love you, babe- Thank you for all you are to me and to so many. I am so blessed to walk this journey alongside you!

3 comments:

Art Teacher said...

I am sorry that you have been going through such a hard time. I pray for you all daily.
I am happy that you will be posting thankful things everyday though...your month of December may have more post than your entire year.HA.
I'm thankful for your husband too, but I'm not going to lie, facial piercings scare me a little, on anyone, so I might be even more thankful if he took them out!
I just have one request about these thankful post, you can adhere if you want to, or not...But could you be thankful for something shallow one day, like boots, 'cause it would help me feel like a less shallow person, considering the contents of my blog...k, thanks. xoxo

MommyB Knows Best said...

So great that God has sent you the love that you need. He sure does know much better than we do. Praise God for Slim and I hope you know my thoughts and prayers are always with you during stressful and delightful days. Love you friend.

Unknown said...

I totally love this site! All of your posts make me smile! You had a great example this is apply to manifesting a relationship /marriage/anything intangible?
academic-writing-service/
online-term-papers
Accounts Software For Small Business