Tuesday, December 7, 2010

December 7th, 2010

Every year this blog is busting at it's seams during the months of November and December with tales of Christmas gifts for sweet seniors. This year, with my non-blogging self, you have been spared the long stories of all I do during the holiday season.

More than ever, the Naples community has risen to the occasion of helping some of their own.  Yesterday, I sat with my amazing boss and went through about 500 gifts and I have to tell you that I am never not amazed at the awesome generosity of people.

We were opening gifts and each time calling the other to 'look at this' or 'oh my gosh, check this out' while bundles of presents bounded from the wrappings. 

So today, I am thankful for all of you.  All of you who see the importance of caring for someone who may have less, who may not have a visit from a friend or family member, and who may have lost the hope of something or Someone much greater!

As I am typing this, we just got a call from a women who last year donated homemade quilts for seniors who may not have gotten a gift.  She will be dropping some off today.  It is just overwhelming and amazing.

So Merry Merry Merry Christmas from us at Home Instead Senior Care and THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts-


Be a blessing to a senior- someone from the greatest generation!  Share a smile, a gift, a hug! 

*And that is a pretty amazing looking Mimi Claus if you ask me!

2 comments:

Art Teacher said...

This may be one of my favorite pictures ever!

Melanie said...

I love Mimi Claus!
And I have missed being a part of Santa for a Senior this year!