Thursday, December 2, 2010

12.2

October, November, and December are my absolute favorite months.  There are many reasons why, but one thing that I am truly grateful for is that I live close to my sweet parents. 

In 2003, when I was trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life; where I wanted to move; where I wanted to work- I knew that it had to be pretty darn close to my family.  I knew that they would be moving to Orlando within the next couple of years, so SW Florida seemed like a pretty darn good place for me.

We only live 3 hours from them, so Slim and I get to be with them pretty much whenever we want.  It is fantastic.  The truth is that we don't even have to be doing anything special- many times the entire day will go by, and I won't even get out of my pajamas and robe.

Jan and Bernie McElheny are constant reminders of God's grace and love.  They truly adore their children.  They want the best for us, and even though sometimes we don't do things just as they would, they support and pray regardless.

So on this second day of December, I am twice as thanful for these two lovebirds.  (almost like two turtledoves :) )

3 comments:

Kristen said...

ok this picture of them is AMAZING...FRAME IT ASAP! See you at Christmas time??

Art Teacher said...

They are like turtle doves! I love them too. Seriously, please be thankful for something shallow...like Lush!

Unknown said...


This article clears all the doubts and confusions that will have issues while pretending & not getting there where they want to. Excellent Article!!!
academic-writing-service/
online-term-papers
Accounts Software For Small Business