Monday, December 20, 2010

12/20/10

Today has been so productive.  I have sent out two more shipments of presents- totally about 500 gifts to 200 seniors.  It is always so amazing watching the cars, packed to the brim drive away. 

Today I am thankful- more like overwhelmed.  I am so blessed that God has chosen me to work in a place that sees people as top priority, a place that no matter what will cling to relationship.  Nearly 4 1/2 years ago when I started working here at Home Instead.  I met a client named Mr. F.  This little man stole my heart from the first moment that I met him.  He is about 5 foot tall and weighs probably 100 lbs.  We actually provide care for his wife, and he had always done the insurance billing for her.

I will never forget the first time I met him.  He came in, feet shuffling beneath him.  In his hands was an envelope that held all of his wife's insurance forms.  He wanted me to sit and help him fill them out.  After looking through the paper work, I realized that no matter how I described the papers to him, he would still be confused.  The silly papers are simply confusing!  I told him that I would do it for him.  The look that came over his face was relief mixed with joy.  So because of Mr. F, I now bill nearly 50 insurance companies and handle claims for seniors. 

Every year for the past 5 Christmases, this sweet Jewish man sends me a Christmas present.  Today, I was feeling the stress of bills and presents and all, and there in the mail was this card... this card filled with a generous Christmas present!  Today I am thankful for God knowing just what we need, when we need it!  Check out those crazy birds wearing Santa hats!!!

3 comments:

Art Teacher said...

I love this post...my favorite thankful post so far. Glad that God provided for you...xoxo

les lunettes de soleil lady said...

Un excellent produit! lunettes de soleil La communication des Grands! Great stuff!!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this interesting and educative information. I think many writers will find your contribution very helpful, I have equally learnt something from it.
academic-writing-service/
online-term-papers
Accounts Software For Small Business