Saturday, December 4, 2010

The 4th of December

I am kind of in a funk today.  I am watching Giada's Family Christmas, and it is making me feel all mushy inside.  So far she has made Strifuli- honey cookies, as well as Polenta- two of my most favorite family dishes! I just love how food can remind you of family and people you love.

Speaking of people you love, for those of you who don't know, I spent the week before Thanksgiving out in Colorado Springs.  I got to spend such great quality time with family.  Today I am super thankful for three blessings.  Three incredible children who since the day I met each of them, they have been one of the biggest joys of my life.  I honestly don't think that I could love them any more.

Brayden is now 6 and is such the first child.  He is the leader yet loves to have that one on one time without the others around.  Davis who is 5 is of course not ours by natural birth, but couldn't fit better into our family.  He is a sweet spirit who loves pretty much everyone who he comes in contact with.  And of course sweet 4 year old Grace.  She reminds me a little bit of a Sour Patch Kid-- haha.  She is sassy and sweet and everyone loves her. The girl knows just what she wants and will fight hard for her cause.  I just love that about her.

I can't wait to see them in about 13 'dark naps' as Gracie calls them... and to be able to spend Christmas with those lovies.

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I love how your blogging every day! It makes me happy to hear about how things are going for you! Oh and Polenta - how that reminds me of my family too!
Sending my love to you and Slim!

Kate said...

Dear Giada di Laurentiis,
How in the heck do you make and taste the things you do, and still remain so stinking skinny?

Anonymous said...

Love your post!
Love, Mom