**Note the above picture was taken in March... should I go back to that cut?
1. I love that my husband is a musician: I really love everything about music and am not the best at it, so since my husband is, I get to be involved by default.
2. I have a problem with reality TV... besides Heroes, it is all that I watch. (American Idol, The Bachelor, The City, The Hills, John and Kate plus 8... the list goes on)
3. When Carly moved, she took part of me with her. If I talk to her everyday I can convince myself that she isn't 1000 miles away.
4. Even though I am grown up and haven't been out dancing in about 4 years, if you brought the HAMS together right now, that is probably what we would do, and I would be so happy.
5. I constantly look at people's pictures that they add to Facebook... if you are my friend, I have seen all your albums. It is a compulsive issue- I am working on it.
6. I really have only ever wanted to be a mom- soon I hope.
7. I am so glad that facebook has reconnected me with Gidge, Erin, and Ang, three of my best friends from my highschool years.
8. If I am in the car, then I am on the phone. Every morning I talk to my mom on the way to work, and Carly or Jessica Burke get me on the way home.
9. I read blogs everyday. If you don't have one, you should start one so that I can read about your life, and look at all your pictures. (www.justsomeoflaurasramblings.blogspot.com)
10. I love to bake, but don't do it, because Slim and I are trying to lose weight.
11. Cupcakes are my favorite treat. White cupcake with white frosting...mmm- I get that from my mom.
12. My wedding was the best wedding that I have ever been to... no joke and not just because it was mine.
13. Slim and I fell in love with Santa Cruz, CA. I hope that once the economy starts looking up, we can go back there and stay at the West Cliff Inn again.
14. I adore the people that we have met since Slim has been playing with Jubilee and co. They are amazing and challenge Slim and me in our relationships with the Lord.
15. I miss Ashley Allbee... I haven't seen her since like November and we live like 5 minutes from each other. Let's fix that friend!
16. Thursday morning girl's study is the best... even though it comes really early. We started with 6 ladies, and 3 moved away. Mel, Abs and I are staying strong.
17. I am in love with my niece and nephews. I am so thankful that despite the three hours apart, I still get to see them about every month.
18. My cousin Melinda is like a sister. I wish that Chicago was really close, so that we could see each other more than once or twice per year.
19. I am really glad that Joe is an employee of Slimline Visual Communication because Alex and I have gotten to hang out and get to know each other better.
20. Slim and I go to the Buzzard's on a weekly basis, just to hang out. They have become our second family, and we get to celebrate everything together.
21. I despise birds, and stickers... and I am not going to ever like them.
22. I really hate riding horses, and am not really sure why anyone things that is a fun thing to do.
23. I could ride on a boat all day, every day, and never get tired of being out on the water.
24. I love that almost all of my friends have kids or have kids on the way. Children are a blessing and it makes me so happy to see them in that stage of their lives.
25. I sometimes wish that Slim and I could live a much simpler life, on a large piece of land, where we can raise babies that can run in the woods, and enjoy nature.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Posted by Laura at 5:27 PM
Friday, January 23, 2009
Posted by Laura at 7:53 AM
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Today is a day that will be written in history books, and read and studied by our children's children's children.
Today is the day that America's first African American president will be elected into office.
Many people are crying for joy.
Many people are crying with fear.
We should be praying for our great country, and thanking God for His provision for us.
We are blessed.
Change will come.
We all get to be a part of it!
Posted by Laura at 7:39 AM
Sunday, January 18, 2009
So I have mentioned before that my mom is selling aprons and donating all profits to Children's HopeChest.
She has started a blog. Check her out HERE.
Also, please visit Brandi's blog to find out about an apron auction. Go bid, and bid high!
Posted by Laura at 5:25 AM
Sunday, January 11, 2009
She took pictures of Jubilee yesterday. Check some of them out...
You can visit Ashley Allbee's blog to see some more.
There are so many things that I love about these pictures... first that two of my favorite people were involved, second that they are not your typical photos, and last they are AMAZING!
Posted by Laura at 6:35 AM
Friday, January 9, 2009
Check it out!!!
If you would like to be a part of it, let me know, and I will let you be an author on it!
New Cooking Blog
Posted by Laura at 7:14 AM
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
1. Clementines... all day every day. Plus, Slim and I are doing our own, at home, 'Weight Watchers', and you can have 2 for one point.
2. The City... you all know my addiction to the Hills, but Whit has her own show now, and I am becoming a little bit of an addict to this one as well.
3. My New Bike... Slim got me a bike for Christmas. I was totally surprised, but am in love with it's cute red and white style. We are going for daily bike rides, which is so fun!
4. Twisted Peppermint Body Splash... The day before Christmas eve, I went to Bath and Body Works, and they had these suckers on sale for $2.50 each, so I bought myself a prize, and it smells fabulous!5. Jubilee worship... As you know from THIS previous post, Slim has been playing with Jubilee. The other night they played a midnight worship service at a lock-in, and it was incredible. I am loving it!
6. Taco Soup... I love everything about it.
Lindsey Dorrill, one of my dear loves, introduced this to me years ago and I have made it on and off since then.
Here is the recipe-
1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey)
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg taco seasonings
1 pkg dry Ranch seasonings
2 cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can whole kernel corn, drained
Brown the meat and onion. Add seasonings. Mix with cans of beans, corn, and tomatoes, and simmer. You could also cook it in the crock pot for as long as you would like.
Serve with reduced-fat cheddar cheese, reduced-fat sour cream, and tortilla chips.
7. My mom's aprons... My mom is super talented. In November, she made me an apron for my birthday, and since then has made many for gifts, but has also sold many to donate the money to Children's Hope Chest and their work in Uganda. If you are interested, she is selling them for $20 each, and the profit goes straight to the children in Uganda. Gotta love that!
8. Sarah and Joel being preggo... Sarah is my friend who thought that she might never want to be a mom. She will be having a boy at the beginning of May. They live in NY and will be down to visit Orlando this weekend. Can't wait to see them, and that cute belly! If you didn't know, Joel and I went to high school together and Sarah and I went to college together... I got to be their match-maker! Here is their wedding- 3 1/2 years ago.
9. Mario Kart... Slim and I love our Wii, and as a special prize, he got me Mario Kart. I could play it all day long. When I am at my in-law's house, we do:)
10. The Game of Things... We got this from our darling Buzzards for Christmas, and we played it at the Buzzilian Christmas party, as well as a bunch of times with my family, in Orlando. It is a blast, and super funny. There were many times that I was laughing so hard that I cried!
What are you loving right now?
Posted by Laura at 6:46 AM
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Slim and I had our best Christmas yet. We loved being with our families, and had a fantastic time together. I honestly cannot believe that it has come and gone!
We started out our festivities at the first annual Buzzilian Christmas party. Now it might seem strange being that every week, we go to the Buzzard's house anyway, but we had a wonderful evening, like always. Here are some pics of our time with them around Christmas!
I don't have any pictures from our Christmas Eve adventures, but here are some from Orlando.
Me helping the sweetlings open some gifts.
The boys and their remote control car. Brayden had been asking for one for months. He got it, and Uncle Slim was just as excited as they were. When we bought it for them, Slim was like overjoyed at the capability of this thing!
Here is Melinda and me, excited about our gifts. Notice her apron, my mom makes them, if you are interested, she is donating the money to Uganda and what God is doing there.
Me and my presh nephew Brayden.
The kids shop for all the adults each year. They go to the dollar store and pick out our gifts. Brayden was so excited about the gift he got for Uncle Slim, that he even told him "you are going to laugh so hard, because it is the best gift in the whole world." Yes, it is a toilet bowl cleaner!
This guy takes after his Uncle Slim. Davis, keep playing!!!
I love my sweet friends and family, and am so thankful for them. It was wonderful to be all together!
Posted by Laura at 6:11 AM