Ashley Danielle, but she already did it. I was too late. :)
Saturday, November 29, 2008
... I am back.
There are many reason why I have been gone, but I will not bore you with them. Sadly the biggest reason is that I cannot find my battery charger for my camera. Sometimes I think that it is impossible to post without pictures, but in the mean time, we will have to make it work. Instead of trying to catch you up with life for the past few weeks, I figure, why not move on to Christmas. Thanks Carly, for posting this so that I can get back into the blogging swing.
WELCOME TO THE CHRISTMAS EDITION OF GETTING TO KNOW YOUR FRIENDS.
1. WRAPPING PAPER OR GIFT BAGS ? I love to wrap presents and put them under the tree... unless it is for Be a Santa to a Senior, then bags are best, because wrapping 1000 gifts is a bit overkill.
2. REAL TREE OR ARTIFICIAL ? Well, if you remember my tree from last year... it was gorgeous until it fell over. Slim decided that it is too big for our house, so I am hoping that we can get something smaller, but as of right now we have no money, so we may be going without. :(
3. WHEN DO YOU PUT UP THE TREE? Just after Thanksgiving.
4. WHEN DO YOU TAKE THE TREE DOWN? Just after New Year's.
5. DO YOU LIKE EGGNOG ? More than I should.
6. FAVORITE GIFT RECEIVED AS A CHILD ? I pretty much loved everything that I got, but I always loved getting games, and still do.
7. HARDEST PERSON TO BUY FOR ? People who I don't know very well, but decide to get me a gift and then I have to get one for them... hard.
8. EASIEST PERSON TO BUY FOR ? My nephews and niece. I think that it is way more fun to buy for the kids.
9. DO YOU HAVE A NATIVITY SCENE ? I have three...A precious moment collectible one that my mom had since I was little, a fancy schmancy one that my aunt and uncle gave us for a wedding gift- it was probably really expensive, but it's not really my style- I put it out anyway, and last but not least, the new Willow Tree one that my mom got me this year... I love it!
10. MAIL OR EMAIL CHRISTMAS CARDS ? Cards, I love to send and receive cards... I am trying to get Slim to take a picture with us and the dogenstiens to send out, but again, no camera battery.
11. WORST CHRISTMAS GIFT YOU EVER RECEIVED ? When I was in 5th grade, I got a Barbie magazine, A BARBIE MAGAZINE for a 5th grader for a gift exchange, come on people. I brought a gumball machine, the best present ever... (I am still bitter)
12. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS MOVIE ? It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, Elf, HOME ALONE, The Holiday, and pretty much a million more.
13. WHEN DO YOU START SHOPPING FOR CHRISTMAS ? I usually have it all done by now, but we are broke this year, so we are taking our time.
14. HAVE YOU EVER RECYCLED A CHRISTMAS PRESENT ? only nice ones, but not back to the people who gave it to me:)
15. FAVORITE THING TO EAT AT CHRISTMAS ? CHRISTMAS COOKIES
16. LIGHTS ON TREE ? Is there any other way?
17. FAVORITE CHRISTMAS SONG ? Mary, Did you know?
18. TRAVEL AT CHRISTMAS OR STAY HOME ? Travel, someday when we have kids, maybe people will come here.
19. CAN YOU NAME ALL OF SANTA'S REINDEER'S ? yes
20. OPEN THE PRESENTS CHRISTMAS EVE OR MORNING ? Christmas Eve with Slim's family, Christmas Day with mine
21. MOST ANNOYING THING ABOUT THIS TIME OF YEAR ? When people get too overwhelmed and forget to enjoy Jesus.
22. FAVORITE ORNAMENT THEME OR COLOR ? All things that bring back memories. Last year when the tree fell, we saved ones that were sentimental, even though they were broken so we will always be reminded of our crazy, first Christmas.
23. FAVORITE FOOD FOR CHRISTMAS DINNER ? Mom always out does herself... so anything she makes.
24. WHAT DO YOU WANT FOR CHRISTMAS THIS YEAR ? Nothing really. I am pretty content.
25. WHO IS MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND TO THIS? I hope lots of people do it, because I love reading these crazy things.
26. WHO IS LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND ? Agreeing with Carly: I'd say Kari, b/c who knows where she went?!?! Someone help us find her!
Tagging: Jenn, Ashley Danielle and YOU!
Posted by Laura at 7:38 AM
Sunday, November 16, 2008
This year we will be helping nearly 1,100 people with our Be a Santa to a Senior program. It has totally taken off.
We have already been mentioned in "Naples Daily News", I did a radio interview, and we will be on tv at the beginning of December.
Please visit any Moe's in SW Florida, or any Sunshine Pharmacy in Naples, to pick up the name of a senior to get a present for this Christmas.
Share in the blessing this Christmas!
Posted by Laura at 7:07 AM
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Posted by Laura at 10:01 AM
Today is great. I have the day off because it is my 28th birthday and my wonderful bosses decided that to honor their staff, they would give them their birthday off. Pretty special if you ask me.
Last night my sweet husband planned a picnic at the beach. It was a great time. Some of my sweet friends came to hang out.
My mom sent me an apron that she made herself. Amazing.
OK I am off to shop at the Buckle because my sweet hubs got me a nice gift card. ahh birthdays, love em!
Posted by Laura at 9:56 AM
Monday, November 3, 2008
1 . Where did you meet? We worked together at CRAVE youth group, and got to know each other that way.
2. How long did you date? Officially, only 2 months and 2 weeks, but we were engaged for about a year.
3. How long have you been married? 13.5 months
4. What does he say that surprises you? I am daily surprised by him. He usually will say something about how much he loves me, and I blush.
5. What is your favorite feature of his? He has amazing hair- curly and soft
6. What is your favorite quality of his? he is extremely generous... I used to think that it was almost to a fault, but now I know that there is no thing as being too generous.
7. Does he have a nickname for you? Babe, Sweet Babe, LBG, and he said that he was going to try to call me "Muffin Butt", but that never stuck
8. What is his favorite color? green
9. What is his favorite food? I would have to say Mexican, or anything eaten with friends.
10. What is his favorite sport? anything that has to do with guns, and football
11. When and where did you first kiss? We used to spend Thursday nights at the beach, when we were dating. He kissed me for the first time in the parkinglot of Barefoot Beach. He then said, "I think that we both just had our last first kiss."
12. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? watch movies, talk, hang out, and go out to dinner.
13. Do you have any children? We are working on that... for now we just have Darby and the Dude.
14. Does he have a hidden talent? He is a magician, he is a pro-video gamer, and of course his non-hidden talent is the ability to write and play music.
15. How old is he? 25, he is just a baby, and sometimes he forgets how old he is, and he says he is 24.
16. Who said, “I love you” first? Slim told me that he loved me before we even had our first date. I knew I loved him, but I didn't tell him until about 3 weeks later.
17. What is his favorite type of music? Slim likes all kinds of music, everything from 'real' country to hard rock
18. What do you most admire about him? His musical ability. I am constantly amazed that anyone can have that much talent.
19. Do you think he will read this? probably, but maybe not for a few weeks, he isn't the best at checking blogs.
I am tagging Ashley Danielle, Carly, Melanie, and Heather.
Posted by Laura at 6:40 AM
Sunday, November 2, 2008
I am still processing all that I learned about God, from this book. You should all read it.
One thing that I was taken by, right off the bat, was the way that God was described as Papa. He is my Papa, and He knows my every need. Thank you, Lord.
If you have read it already, I would love to know your thoughts.
Posted by Laura at 2:17 PM