Sunday, December 5, 2010

The fifth

Today is December 5th.  20 days until Christmas, and I am definitely not running out of things to be thankful for.  God is truly good, and despite our circumstances, He is constant and supreme.

Last night I sat in the studio with Slim and Matt and listened to another cut of the Fellowbliss album.  Over the last year I have probably spent about 30 to 40 hours in that room, but last night I was reminded of how thankful I am for that crazy band.  I cannot believe that it has been two years of music, touring, and fun shared with some of the greatest people.  I love that Slim gets to pursue his music and gets to do it alongside such rad friends.

So on December 5th, I am thankful for the '5' members of Fellowbliss.  Five is in quotation marks because as of last week, it was announced that Magic Mike would have to be stepping away from the band to focus on work and his family.  In my eyes, he will always be a member, thus the 5.

Sheena Jubilee is a crazy fun friend with an amazing voice.  Mr. Matty A, aka my son, is a blast to hang out with, and is such a great drummer.  C-Bear, the newest member and youngest member, has such a great heart and passion for people, plus he does a crazy cool bass spin.  And of course the one and only Slim, who is by far the best guitar player I have ever heard- yes I am biased, but it is true.

If you have never heard the band, check out their newest music video. 



Happy Sunday, friends!

1 comments:

Candice said...

Laura, this is the first time I've heard this band. They're awesome! I hope you're doing well. I've been thinking about you lately! You keep popping into my head. :) xoxo