I went to Tennessee, and met up with Slim.
We hung there for a few days with Matt and Jill.
Slim played with a fun country band.
We drove to VA.
We spent a fantastic week with Carly, Kevin, and Libs.
There is so much that happened, but my camera broke.
I have some awesome pictures and stories... but no time. Heroes is starting now.
Check back soon for an awesome Pumpkin Cookie recipe.
Monday, September 29, 2008
I went to Tennessee, and met up with Slim.
Posted by Laura at 5:53 PM
Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
I got these off Car's sister's facebook, but I was definitely promised more tomorrow, and the Joneses will be going home from the hospital tomorrow after the babies morning checkup, so once they are home, I am sure that we will have tons to look at.
I spoke with Car today, finally. She sounded great! She had tomato soup and grilled cheese for lunch- mmm comfort food.
now what you have all been waiting for... Darling Liberty Rose Jones!
Posted by Laura at 6:11 PM
I have some news, but not too much.
Libs was born yesterday, 9/15 @1:45pm. She was 7 lbs. 1 ounce, and I think 21 inches long.
I spoke with Carly's mom yesterday, late afternoon. She told me that Libby is a beautiful little girl, with dark hair (for now), and long feet. Betty Jo also told me that Libby has a hearty cry.
I am hoping to get to talk to Carly today, and see if we can get some pictures. The problem of no reception in the hospital is what is holding us up.
Keep checking back for further updates!
Posted by Laura at 5:22 AM
Monday, September 15, 2008
One year ago today...
I married a man who is most incredible. It is interesting how God's goodness demonstrated itself in spite of my attitude.
If you don't know me, or how I was in the past, I could rule out a guy or the most measly of little things. For example... I wouldn't date one guy because he ate oreos in a weird way, making his teeth covered with chocolate. One guy, I claimed, had floppy hair, when in actuality it wasn't at all. I would say things like, 'he is boring', 'he is too into himself', 'he isn't motivated enough,' 'he's too quiet', he's too loud', 'he works too much,'... I could go on.
Something happened in my heart when it came to Slim. I heard God's voice, and responded. I could have come up with a thousand reasons to not give him a chance, but I only needed one reason to... and that was that God said so.
This past year of marriage has been so amazing. Everyone always says that the first year is the hardest. Don't get me wrong there have been hard times. IE. Slim's gear getting stolen, best friends moving away, best friends struggling through issues, Dude getting hit by a car, job changes, infertility issues, family passing away, Slim getting hit by a car (be watching his blog for this story), money problems, stress, again the list could go on...
Isn't it so great that God knows our every need, because Slim completes me 100%. When I would worried, he would be calm, when I felt like I couldn't trust God, Slim knew He was in control. When I want to scream, Slim would make me laugh instead.
God, thank you for giving me a husband who loves you, loves me, and loves others.
Slim, thank you for being my very best friend; for being the one who I can sit with and talk to for hours. Thanks for letting me be my goofy self, and for always valuing me before other earthly things.
Baby, cheers and here's to forever...
In other news... Here is the Jones' baby update
1. Last night at 10:24 my phone rang, and it was Carly- her contractions were 3-4 minutes apart. She had to turn the phone over to Kevin because she was about to have another.
2. Kevin informed me that the doula was on her way to the house, and then they would reevaluate when she got there.
3. At 1:45 I got a text letting me know that the midwife was on her way.
4. At 5:58 Kevin called and said that they were at the hospital- in VA there are no stand-alone birthing centers, so if you use a midwife, you are in a room attached to a hospital. They arrived there at 4:45 and Carly was at 7 centimeters. It was now 6am and she was 7.5, so not a huge difference. He said that she was doing great, and was working through the contractions really well! Kev has no reception in the hospital, so in order to talk, he had to go all the way outside. I told him that it was ok if I didn't get a phone call at the immediate instance that the baby was born, being that he would have had to go all the way outside.
That is the only update that I have for now, but keep checking back.
Posted by Laura at 6:57 AM
Sunday, September 7, 2008
Here is the countdown for September
1. Slim leaves for Tennessee in 4 days (so sad)
2. Ashley Danielle's birthday is in 4 days (so happy)
3. My mom comes in 5 days (fun)
4. She leaves in 9 days (sad again)
5. I go to Tennessee in 11 days and reunite with my dear love(exciting)
6. In 13 days I see the JONES Family (HIP HIP HOORAY)
(I am hoping that I can update you really soon that there was another exciting thing that happens really soon, for example, the birth of the long awaited, Liberty Rose Jones)
Hope that your September is just as exciting...
By the way, Slim and I have been celebrating our anniversary all weekend, but just spending so much time together. He has the opportunity to go to see family this week, so we will miss the actual day, but we have the big VA trip to make up for lost time. In case you didn't know, he is the greatest husband, EVER!
Posted by Laura at 6:24 PM
Thursday, September 4, 2008
... on whether or not to confess my addiction on this here blog.
Well here it is.
On Saturday night, I picked Slim up from his brother Brad's home. While we were there, Slim decided that we were going to borrow the dvds of a HBO show that only made it two seasons.
I will let you know that at first I was skeptical of a show that was devoted to the lives of Carnies...
but now that I have spent 24 hours of my life since Saturday night watching the episodes, I will no longer say that I am skeptical. Despite the show having fowl language, and a little too much nudity for my taste, the suspense and battle between good and evil enthralled me.
I have been having terrible nightmares because of the reality of this show, so if you are prone to such things, I would say to avoid, but if you are looking for a different type of show and can look past a bit of the raunchiness, Carnavale just might be the one for you. I am pretty convinced that HBO came out with this show about 4 years too early, because it would have done so well if they would have taken out the nudity along with the fowl language, and put it on prime time.
Here are some pictures of the main characters from the show...
Introducing Ben Hawkins and Brother Justin Crowe
Iris and Sophie
and last but not least, my favorite...
Basically it takes you on a journey through the lives of Carnies and how they take care of their own while you are watching the journey of a preacher.
What I am trying to say is that I confess that I have a problem, and will be detoxing myself throughout this weekend, as Slim and I finished the show tonight when I got home from work. I know... I have issues.
Posted by Laura at 5:15 PM
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
How well do you know your husband/wife?
1. They are watching TV..... What are they watching?
2. You're out to eat.what kind of dressing do they get on their salad?
3.What's one food this person doesn't like?
4. You go out for a drink. He/she orders...
5 Where did he/she go to high school?
6.What size shoe do they wear?
7. If this person were to collect anything, it would be?
8.What is their favorite type of car?
9. This person could eat __________ everyday?
11. This person wouldn't be caught dead wearing...
This changes daily... a shirt that he loved yesterday, he may hate tomorrow, basically depends if he is comfortable.
12.Favorite sports team?
13.Who will he/she vote for?
14.What is their sign?
15.What is something you do that he wishes you didn't?
16.How many states has this person lived in?2
17.What is his heritage?
18. You bake them a cake for their birthday....What kind do they want?
19.Did he/she play sports in high school?
20. This person could spend hours....
Ok... how well do you know your spouse?
Posted by Laura at 8:30 AM