Sunday, August 19, 2007

some encouragement

So, I haven't been sleeping lately. Here are a few reasons why...

1. I get married in 25 days, and there is still a lot to do.
2. Work is crazy. I am trying to do all of my normal duties, plus we are becoming licensed to do home health, and I am working all those details out- like hundreds upon hundreds of state regs that need to be followed and forms that need to be processed. It is a lot of work.
3. I am trying to still live a normal life where I don't always think and talk about wedding junk. It will be a great day, but I need to keep in mind that it is just a day, and then I get to spend the rest of my life, with the man who I adore.
4. I feel like I am broke, and that always stresses me out.
5. I just always have the feeling that there is so much to do, but not enough time to do it all.

So here is my encouragement to myself, and I hope that it blesses you.

Psalm 28:7
The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

I need to remember that the Lord is my strength. Apart from Him, I can do nothing. I am turning things back over to Him, and I will take back the joy and give thanks!

7 comments:

Tessa said...

Amen, sister.
Soon it will turn into less stress: more excitement...thats the way you can enjoy it!
If you need help, dont hesitate to call.

Sharon said...

hey laura,
hang in there!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am here what ever you need!!!!
God is so encouraging, i love His Word!!!

Anonymous said...

Suck it up you wuss.

Art Teacher said...

I can only assume that your brother is the one giving the oh so sweet comments. It encouraged me though. Take a bath before you go to bed...maybe that will help!

Anonymous said...

The art teacher is crazy...you should go to a rock concert (and stand next to the speaker) very relaxing. Or take a laxative very relaxing

Abigail said...

Congratulations are in order for your soon-to-be marriage! You're right about it being a great day, but just a day nonetheless. It will pass in a happy whirl, and the stress you feel now will be inconsequential.

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Laura, you are so smart! I am so proud of you for trying not to stress. My Wedding laster 5 hours for 10 months of stress before hand. I really I don't remember half of the things I was so worried about before. Your doing an amazing job!