Monday, August 27, 2007

Saturday's shower




Thanks to my sweet bridesmaids for throwing me a shower on Saturday. They all pictured above, minus my sister-in-law. Sadly, she couldn't make it.

From left to right:

Heather Longshore: Ever since I met Heather, I knew that we would be close friends. She has such a fun-loving spirit and is super encouraging. Heather married Jared at the beginning of June, and Slim and I both were blessed to be part of their wedding, and Jared and Heather will both be standing up for us, in less than three weeks!
Kari Colson: I met Kari through her daughter Paige. The first year I taught at FBA, Paige was in first grade, and needed a new tutor. Paige's teacher recommended me, and I tutored her since then. Kari and I just built a relationship over the past 4 years, and I love the relationship that we have. Kari's generous heart overflows with God's love, and I am blessed by her!
Abby Dattilo: Abby was my first real friend, when I moved to Naples. I knew that I loved her from the first night we spent hanging out, in Sarah Lyman Byrd's dining room. Abby has become more than a friend. She is my family, and has shared her family with me. I am so blessed to know her and am so glad that she is a part of my life. Abby is an awesome wife and mother- I definitely look up to her!
Tessa Mortensen: The bond that I have with Tessa goes so deep. She and her family are from Syracuse, just like I am, so we had an instant connection. Tess was in my first class at FBA, but she wasn't just a student, we became best of friends. Tessa is so wise for her years and I cannot believe how blessed I am to know her. There was no way that I was having a wedding without her being part of it!
Carly Jo Jones: Carly is my matron-of-honor, even though she hates that term because it makes her feel old. She is the best friend I could ever have asked for. She is someone who can speak truth into my life and tell me to snap out of it, when I am acting foolish. Her joy and humor is something that I have relied on countless times. When Car moved here, I kind of didn't give her an option on whether or not she wanted to be my friend. I just made her hang out with me. Her and her husband Kev are such great friends to Slim and me. They are both in our wedding and we love them dearly!
Lindsey Dorrill: Lindsey is one of the strongest people that I have ever met! I met Linds when she was going through a really difficult time in her life. She handled those situations with such grace, and continues to persevere through things that could easily be given up on. Lindsey is super creative with a big heart for people. I love her dearly!
Tara Mortensen: You guessed it, Tara and Tessa are sisters! Ha. Tara is growing into an amazing young woman of God. I am really proud of the steps that she is taking to chase hard after what God wants for her. I met Tara through her sister, and have worked with her in youth group since she was in 8th grade. She is now a senior who is dual enrolled in college. Tara is so much fun, and I am thrilled that she is going to be part of the big day!

Not pictured: Brandi McElheny Brandi, my sister-in-law, and dear friend, is an amazing woman. She has three children, two of which are living with her and my brother in Orlando, (Brayden and Gracie), and one who is still in Liberia, awaiting his adoption. Brandi has such a heart for relationships and loves people! I love her and am so glad that she is part of my life. Thanks for always being an encouragement, Bran!

4 comments:

Tessa said...

I love us. Haha.
I am so blessed to be in your wedding! And thank you for the lovely little paragraph of my profile and our relationship.
I am very excited that I get to experience that lovely day with yOu! The shower was great!

Brandi said...

Awe. . .how sweet are you? I love you and am so blessed to be in your wedding! It's coming up SOON!!!

I'm sorry I missed the party =(

I'll be down to party soon though!

Brandi

Erin said...

Had a great time at your shower! It was so much fun and thank you for including me. How exciting that your big day is coming SO soon! :) Have a great week at work. :)

Art Teacher said...

Love ya laura...nuff said.