Thursday, August 2, 2007

Dude had an adventure.

As many of your know. This is our sweet Dog Dude aka Dudetronicsita. I am pretty much in love with him. He is a protector and a good pal.

Yesterday, Dude and I were outside playing with tennis balls around 5 pm. He was racing all over the backyard, and just having a blast. When we play catch. He will go and retreive the ball and bring it back to me, but won't let me take it from him, thus we have to have three or four balls going at the same time. After a rousing game, I needed to head back in to get things ready for when Slim and Kelsey got there to eat dinner. Now for a little background information- we have a large fenced in backyard. The fence is a 6 foot wooden fence. It has a few small spots that a tiny dog would fit under, but our Dude could never sneak underneath it. Since I moved in, I have let Dude play in the backyard, and he had no problem at all.

Ok, now back to the story. So about 10 minutes had gone by, and I decided that I had better go and bring Dude in as, he would definitely be in need of a drink. I walked out into the backyard, and started calling him, but he was no where to be found. Then I thought to myself, maybe he followed me in, and is hanging somewhere inside. Nope, not inside. Now I started to panic. I jetted out the front door to see my sweet Dudetronic sniffing the weeds at the neighbors house. I was like "Dude, come here baby", and that is when his adventure began. He darted as fast as he could running in and out of yards, across streets, in front of cars, behind houses and down streets. He would let me get like a foot away and then would jet. Stinker.

I followed him down this one small street and there was a little boy hanging out of an upstairs window yelling "your dog is visiting my house, your dog is visiting my house." (imagine that spoken with a lisp) Still I couldn't grab the sweet boy. Luckily, in the time that I was out chasing the dog around, Slim and Kelsey arrived home. Slim got the car and followed me. Slim pulled onto the road where I had followed Dude, and opened his car door and called the Dude to him. Dude went and just as he was going to dip away again, Slim grabbed him by his bandana, and pulled him into the car. Dude yelped, but was safe again in the comfort of the his family.

When we got him back home, he layed underneath the dining room table and panted hard. It is hot in the summer sun. It wore him right out. Until we patch the places in the fence, Dude will have to be on a leash- sad, but true. I need him to stick around for a while.

5 comments:

Art Teacher said...

I see my flip flop!

Unknown said...

Thats the worst thing ever, when you know they have no idea what they are doing and death is right there as they dart across the street. Hpefully he realized how tiring it is and wont do it again!!

Tessa said...

He's a crazy dude, that Dude. Ive never met him before. Sad but true. Diva Night though...right?

Erin said...

Whew, sounds like QUITE a day! :) So sorry I couldn't meet ya'll for lunch at UFood today. Want to do it one day next week?

Brandi said...

Oh my, I can just picture this!!! Too funny! I hope he got a good talking to. . .

Love you,
Bran

PS Have you tried a guest book? Some people say people will sign guest books when they won't leave a comment. . . just a thought. I haven't done it yet.