Wednesday, August 29, 2007

100 things about me- idea stolen from Liana's Blog and changed to 80, because it REALLY is hard.

1. In 16 days, I marry my best friend, Slim Gillian.
2. I went to public school from Pre-K until 9th grade
3. I graduated from Faith Heritage School in Syracuse NY, which is a Christian school on the south side of the city.
4. I prayed to receive Christ as my Savior at age 7, laying on my bed, one night.
5. My parents are wonderful people and are still together.
6. My dad runs a business with my mom's brothers.
7. my mom taught school for over 30 years and now teaches homeschoolers.
8. I majored in Elementary Education with concentrations in Pysch and Spanish
9. I lived in Lambein and East Halls at Houghton. I wanted to break the stereotypes. HA.
10. The HAMs were the best part of my college career.
11. I always finished my garbage plates at Nick Tahous, and I liked them.
12. I would go back to Houghton at any moment, as long as I could have donuts on Donut Night.
13. I miss the smell of the first snow.
14. I love the beach more than I miss that smell.
15. I work less than 5 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico.
16. Missions has always been important to me. I spent two weeks and a weekend at NYSUM (New York School of Urban Ministry)in NYC helping homeless people.
17. I have worked with CRAVE student ministries for the last 4 years.
18. Myself and the two Todds brought students to do missions in Rio, where I got to teach English to Brazillian students.
19. I would kill for Cafe Amici.
20. I lived in Long Island, and taught there for a year after I graduated from Houghton.
21. Cheese is my favorite food- all types.
22. My favorite genre of food is Mexican. I could eat chips and salsa, all day, everyday!
23. I have a nephew named Brayden James and I would consider him one of my best friends.
24. My niece is named Grace Lea Ann, and I am so excited to see her grow up into a young woman who loves the Lord.
25. My brother and sister-in-law are adopting Henry Davis (who they will call Davis) from Liberia.
26. Slim and I have the best dog, ever. Sir Dudetronicsita.
27. I taught school for 4 years, and now take care of Seniors at Home Instead Senior Care.
28. I am a middle child. One girl between two boys.
29. I have always wanted to write children's books.
30. I could listen to Slim play the guitar forever. I think that he is the best that I have ever heard, he says that I haven't heard that many.
31. Carly Jo and Kevin John Jones are dear friends who understand Slim and me.
32. I have a problem sleeping.
33. I love Tiffany, but understand that sometimes I have to live on a budget.
34. Shopping for other people makes me happy.
35. 3 of my grandparents died when I was in the 5th grade, but my dad's mom, Carmella is still alive, and is an amazing lady.
36. When I was younger, my cousin Melinda used to come and spend time during the summer, and we used to 'paint the bushes green'. Not really, but we wanted to.
37. I love the Finger Lakes.
38. Central New York has the best food in the world. I could kill for a coney with spicy mustard and some salt potatoes.
39. I wish I was better at keeping in touch.
40. I love nice stationary.
41. I can't wait to be a mom.
42. Slim is going to be an amazing father (this one isn't really about me)
43. Vanilla soft serve with sprinkles will make me the happiest girl in the world.
44. I feel blessed to be part of Summit Church.
45. I love my name, but am so excited to change it to Gillian.
46. I hate the smell of vanilla, when people wear it as a perfume.
47. I love the smell of vanilla, when it is used as fragrance in the home.
48. I have never read a newspaper, all the way through.
49. I am scared of birds.
50. I hate stickers, but I am getting better with this one.
51. I am still amazed that I live where there are palm trees outside my windows.
52. NY green grass is my favorite.
53. I like to climb.
54. I have always wanted to go to Italy to learn how to cook from the professionals. (not that my mother isn't one)
55. November and December are my favorite times of the year. The smells of Thanksgiving and Christmas are what gets me through August.
56. December 23rd is my favorite day of the year. All the excitement of the year is coming together, and there is always someone who wants to have you over for Cookies and eggnog.
57. Jeffery Miller will always fill a special place in my heart.
58. Sometimes I try to make my NY accent stronger.
59. I have the tendency of sleeping through more movies than I would like to admit.
60. White cake with white frosting gets me everytime.
61. There is a small part of me who wants to sell everything that I own and move into a yurt, on a big green field, and raise babies who love the woods and can run wild all day long.
62. I got the nickname DJMAC in college because I know so many lyrics to so many songs. I sometimes think that my brain might go into overload because the lyrics take up too much space.
63. I no longer have cable and miss MTV. I know, I am too old for it, but I still miss it. (Laguna Beach, the Hills, Making the Band, Run's House... the list goes on)
64. I like to read magazines, even the garbage gossip ones like US weekly and People. When I moved to the new house, I threw away all the old ones. That was a definite step in the right direction.
65. My best friend from growing up was named Anne Marie Rotella, and I can't find her because she got married and I want to track her down online... someone help me.
66. Reefs and Havianas are my footwear of choice.
67. Cala lilies are my favorite flowers.
68. I always thought, as a small child, that I would be married by 18.
69. I am thankful for the last 9 years. (I am going to be 27)
70. I take the sun for granted. Sorry to all the northerners who don't get to feel it 95% of the year.
71. I sing really loud in the car.
72. I hate broken promises.
73. My favorite movie is the Sound of Music. I am a dork, and I embrace that. I think that it is my dad's favorite, too. I love that about him.
74. I used to say that I would drop out of school to play Leisel if the opportunity arose.
75. Slim makes me laugh so hard, and he loves that I laugh at his jokes, but I don't do it on purpose. The guy is funny.
76. I hope that I never write a 'family letter' at Christmas. I hate those, but always read them when they come in the cards.
77. I envy snow days, not for the snow, just for the day off.
78. Beverly Hills 90210 will always remain my favorite part of the 90s.
79. I buy things that i don't need, when they are on sale. Sometimes I don't even like them.
80. If there were mountains in Naples/Ft. Myers, I would say that this is the best place to live.


If you read that whole thing... thanks, it took a long time, but it was enjoyable, on my part anyway!

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Great list, but I'm pretty sure that I could come up with your last 20 for you!

81. I have the best sister-in-law
82. She's actually a couple of months younger than me
83. I used to be a plus size model
84. I play cards, but don't pray over them
85. I am the BEST aunt to ever live
86. I have awesome hair
87. I wish Greg and Brandi lived next door to me
88. Ok, Truthfully, I wish Brayden and Gracie lived next door to me
89. Slim and I will travel to Africa sometime in the next 5 years
90. We just may come back with a child
91. We may come home from our honeymoon pregnant (ok, this is my hope!!)
92. I love to play hand foot, but am not as good as my sister in law
93. I hate when Davis beats me at Phase 10
94. I am passionate about seeing others come to a deeper relationship with My Jesus
95. I like dreaming
96. I have a very gentle spirit
97. I'm still waiting for my birthday present from my sister-in-law!
98. Gracie calls me lolla (which sounds a bit like Dora)
99. My family HATES that I live so far from them
100. I am AWESOME!!

Erin said...

I read it and enjoyed every second! How fun. :) I too agree that 90210 was the best part of the 90's and there are many nights that I sing the tune in my head and yearn to watch an episode. LEt's have a 90210 party!

Liana said...

Isn't it fun to try to come up with all these things?
I AM determined to finish mine, someday.
We have many similarities...although I would never live in Lambien! (LOL, actually I HAD to one year during May-term, it was the only option)

And 90210...oh yeh! I thought that Kelly Taylor & I would be friends, LOL

Art Teacher said...

Hey, maybe you could write another blog b/c I have read this one like three times! I must say that brandi's response is adorable

MommyB said...

Awww I love your things about you, I even learned a few new things. Can't we all just live together in a small community, wherever you girls want, let's just all be neighbors. I miss Houghton and the Hamiquois Nation. xoxo See you soon.

Anonymous said...

Brandi is nuts...but you were a plus size model for Hostess cupcakes