Thursday, July 19, 2007

What I am learning...


While Slim is away, we decided that we would study Acts together from a far. Today I was reading about the baptism of the Holy Spirit and one verse stuck out to me...


'Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved' (Acts 2:21)


I was thinking about this verse and it got me thinking about EVERY man's need for a Savior. We all are sinners, there is no difference among anyone. We all need to call on His name to be saved. This remided me of a verse in Jeremiah chapter 6. It is just sort of stuck in the chapter referring to Israel's rebellion. The people of Israel were going against the way of the Lord, just like we do, every day. This was the Lord's response to them...


16 This is what the Lord says: "Stop at the crossroads and look around. Ask for the old, godly way and walk in it. Travel its paths, and you will find rest for your souls. But you reply, 'No, that's not the road we want!'


Who is joining me in walking the old, godly way? I have decided time and time again that my way gets me in to the branches and thickets. There is no promise of an easy path, but there is promise of someone to walk alongside, and rest for our souls!




0 comments: