Sunday, July 8, 2007

I am getting so domestic

Jan, a sweet woman who works for me, and her male friend Pat, are in Connecticut for the summer, and thus won't be able to attend the wedding. The week before they left, Jan showed up to work with presents for Slim and me. They got us gorgeous Pinot Noir glasses, that may be my prized posession at this point, and a roasting pan, that I had wanted.

Carly, who you can get to know by reading www.makingartagain.blogspot.com , and I were at work this week, and I decided that I was going to make a turkey, so that I could use the new roaster.

I did it, well Slim helped, too. We made turkey, green beans, red potatoes with rosemary, gravy, and had cranberry sauce, just because I felt like we needed to. The cranberry sauce looked like this. I am pretty sure that it has to, other wise it tastes different...

The turkey was awesome! Every bite was savored, but more enjoyable than the taste of this here turkey, was the company of our dear friends the Jones... Find their picture below as well... they are the cutest of the birds, not on the red plate.




Carly may kill me for this pic, but strangely, they do look a bit birdish, and since we are now into calling people birds, I thought that I had best go with it. We love you guys, and next time the girls will win Hand and Foot.

2 comments:

Art Teacher said...

The turkey was scrummy!!!! Interesting picture choice of us. I especially like the neon coors light sign in the background. We love you guys to and your very proper barking:)

SlimTronic5000 said...

The second picture of our turkey makes it look as if it's got a soul patch... mmmm... scrummy soul patch...