Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My magazine problem

If you know me well, you know that I truly have a problem with magazines. There was a time in my life, that within a week, three different magazines would show up in my mailbox. I have since decided that they might be a waste of my money... sad but true. Luckily, my dear friend Sarah Marie Moore Marquart sends me a subscription to Glamour, each year. One showed up today- making this such a great day!

In August's issue, it gives 20 ways to be healthier without even trying... I am only going to give you a few, so that you don't get bored.

1. Laugh out loud- apparently laughter makes your body pump out endorphins that boost energy and alleviate depression.

2. Get a massage- research shows that it improves circulation and releases serotonin. (I am all for this one)

3. Hang out with friends- woman crave relationships, we can unload our burdens, and people who have a strong network of friends are said to live 22 percent longer than people who don't. (Friends, I love you)

4. Have a pet- having one around helps you get out of your own head and focus your love and attention on something else.

5. Maintain a healthy weight- For women over 20, gaining 10-20 lbs. triples your risk of developing heart disease or diabetes. (Notice this says a HEALTHY weight- don't go on a diet if you are already too skinny)




In case you're wondering, I love Dude! He keeps me healthy! This isn't the best pic of me, but it is a great one of the Dudetronicsita!

1 comments:

Brandi said...

Well, it looks like I'm pretty healthy according to that article! We had a fun day for his birthday, I'll post pictures tomorrow. I talked to Donna today and she said she already considers it official but she'll process the paperwork tomorrow! Yeah! Love you!

Bran