Monday, July 23, 2007

Some recipes for you to try...

In the summer, my family always enjoyed eating fresh fruits and veggies. Growing up, one of my favorite things to do was to visit the Farmer's Market on a Saturday morning. There were always great treats there. I don't remember a week going by when we didn't share one of the following at our house.


Cucumber and Tomato Salad



  • 4 vine ripened tomatoes
  • 2 cucumbers
  • olive oil
  • crazy salt
  • vinegar (my favorite is red wine, or balsamic)
  • italian seasoning

This is such an easy dish. Simply slice the veggies, and season them. Then add the oil and vinegar to your likeing. It is so fresh and goes so nicely with grilled food, or on it's own for a healthy lunch.

Veggie Frittata

  • sauteed veggies (I ususally use onion, summer squash, green zucchini, and peppers)
  • 2 tablespoons of parmesean cheese
  • 4 eggs (I use egg substitute- just follow the conversion chart on the carton)
  • non-stick spray- try the new olive oil spray- it is delicious!

Sautee the vegetables in a flat omlet pan with the non-stick spray. Sprinkle the veggies with one tablespoon of the cheese. In a separate bowl, whisk egg with the other cheese. Pour egg mixture over vegetables, and cook until the egg is no longer loose. Flip onto a plate and serve.

1 comments:

Art Teacher said...

I am going to try the veggie fritata very soon! Looks delicious, but I know that Kevin is going to call it an omlet! He does that!
Exclamation Point!