Thursday, October 4, 2007

some thoughts for you...

"For God never withholds good except when He has something better to give!"
J. Weaver
This idea struck me at 7:30 am while I was sitting at the office, waiting for the phone to ring and for the day to start. I couldn't wait to start reading my new book, so I didn't...
This quote was on one of the first few pages and it has been running around in my head all day. I keep thinking about what I want right now, and how I feel as if God isn't giving it to me. <---- Lame I know... but it is exciting. Every time I let my flesh get in the way of what God is doing, I become the center... and that isn't where I want to be. Remember, Laura (I talk to myself in the 3rd person) God placed all the stars in the sky and He knows them by name! He cares about every detail and knows our heart and desires better than we do.
Maybe you are waiting to get a job, or change jobs.
Maybe you need a new car.
Maybe you are short on money.
Maybe you want to have a baby, or are waiting to adopt one.
Maybe you are trying to purchase a home.
You know what you are waiting on...
God knows the desires of your heart; His timing is perfect.
Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. James 1:17

1 comments:

Art Teacher said...

Thanks friend, when I start being a brat about things, could you remind me of this fact! I love ya!