Thursday, July 24, 2008

Things I am not liking right now... stolen from Orlando's blog followed by Things that make me smile stolen from Erin's blog

not loving...
1. Scratches from the new sweet pup. If you take a close look at this picture you will see the longest nails. They aren't just long, they are also SUPER sharp! So far I have 4 bruises along with 3 scrapes and one cut. Luckily Darbydoo is a cutie.

2. The humidity. Now I know that I live in South West Florida, and I have for 5 years, and by now I should be used to it, but I am not. It is so gross, almost spongelike.

3. Living far away from my family. I have been missing them a lot lately. Hopefully I will get to go and spend a weekend in August.

4. Friends living too far away, ie. Carly and Kevin, Jake and Heather, Janelle, Jess and Dustin, the Hams... you get the picture.

5. Not sleeping at night. I have always struggled with sleep. Everything wakes me up, and I usually have the hardest time falling back into a sound sleep. Any suggestions?

make me smile...
- kisses from Slim
- snuggling the Dude
- blue skies
- emails from old friends
- gentle people
- movies in the theater
- Slim getting excited about buying a new DVD
- listening to Slim play guitar
- tea
- scones
- wearing a nice cozy sweater
- the feeling of first laying down in bed
- Thursday morning girl's group
- shopping
- new make-up
- jeans that fit well
- butterflies in my stomach
- special prizes
- getting real mail
- fun jewelry
- manicures/ pedicures
- Tropical Smoothie
- going to Target for no reason
- reading a good book
- having no plans on a weekend
- cooking a great meal
- talking to friends
- morning radio shows
- reminiscing
- relaxing with a blank on the couch
- laughing
- talking to mom on the way to work
- taking care of people
- listening to the stories of senior citizens
- the smells of Christmas
- around the clock Christmas music from Thanksgiving to New Years
- babies
- my nephews and niece
- curly hair
- toddlers who wear glasses
- orchids
- calla lilies
- weddings
- talking over coffee
- America's Next Top Model
- airport 'people watching'
- just hanging out with Slim

How about you???

5 comments:

Melanie said...

i am glad to see the positives outweigh the negatives!

SlimTronic5000 said...

1. I'm pretty sure that there should've been more about me in your "things that make me smile" section.

2. "having no plans on a weekend" makes you smile?!? Seriously, babe? Wanna re-consider that?

Kari said...

I hove all those things too. Come over later if you can. Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura,

My husband was a light sleeper too. He started wearing ear plugs to bed at night and he sleeps through almost everything.

Dianna M.
(one of Brandi's friends from Westwood)

P.S. I love your blog and they way you and Slim are such a good aunt and uncle to Brandi and Greg's kiddos. You are going to be great parents someday!

Jason, Nicole, and Rowen said...

Hello friend! I love to be able to keep in touch with eachother through blogs! It is so nice to get a peek into how life is going for you. I totally understand how hard it is to be far from friends and family. We have now been away from Buffalo for 6 years! I can't believe it. Thankfully we have been blessed with friends in the places God has placed; all the same it is still difficult at times. You are in my thoughts!!! Love and blessing to you and Slim!