Thursday, September 20, 2007

So now you know...



You know how wonderful the West Cliff Inn is, if you read the previous blog, but here is another thing that they did for us that was just spectacular. When we arrived, our room wasn't quite ready, so Kelly, the manager invited us to have some freshly baked cookies and take a look around. What you probably don't know is that my dear friend Kari set Slim and I up with a basket in our room which had champagne, champagne flutes, chocolates, one of the West Cliff Inn Teddy Bears and a gift certificate to a restaurant in the area. When we got there, Kelly informed us that La Posta (the gift certificate restaurant) was closed on Mondays. She told us about another place called Shadowbrook, and let us know that she would make a reservation for us. We knew nothing about the area, so we trusted her.

While we waited for our room to be ready, we took a walk down to the boardwalk area, and just sat and watched the water for a long time. We then continued our walk to an arcade where there was putt putt, so Slim and I played. Slim beat me so bad, and when we were finished he let me know that he hadn't played since he was in the 4th grade, and that previous time might have been the only other time he had played. That made me feel good:)

We finally got checked into our room at about 3:00 and took a nap. We woke up around 4:30 for the appetizers. There was cheese and crackers, olives and veggies, and some delicious chocolate marble cake with fudge icing. We sat and played boggle, and Slim beat me again.

Our reservations were at 7:15 and we were taking the scenic route, so we headed out at around 6:30. The weather was awesome again. Check out some pics of our drive...




Upon arriving at the Shadowbrook. We were surprised to see that from the road, you could see no restaurant. We had to walk down many steps along the side of a cliff to get to the front door. It was so beautiful. There were waterfalls, herb gardens, flowers, trees... spectacular.



From the moment we walked in the door at Shadowbrook, we were treated like royalty. Everyone who came to the table, already knew that we were celebrating our new marriage and everyone called us by name. We even had complimentary appetizers, thanks to the West Cliff Inn. The food was awesome, the service was incredible, and the atmosphere, out of this world. If you are ever near Santa Cruz, be sure to check out Shadowbrook.

Here is one pic of Slim and me at the table.

3 comments:

Liana said...

OH - looks like you both are having SO much fun!
I'm jealous, but it's wonderful to be able to see pics of your travels.

Tessa said...

wow, laur! you look to be having a blast from what i can see and read.
i miss you terribly and i yearn for your return. Have an awesome remainder of your trip. i love you dearly.

Art Teacher said...

Oh my gosh...I was about to get so mad at you guys for not updating...I was like, "what the heck are they doing, shouldn't they be spending all their time updating their blog" Then when I saw that you had updated, I couldn't comment or see the pictures at school, life is so cruel!.
It looks like you are having such a great time. I wish that the Jones' were on a really great vacation too. Miss you both a lot, can't wait to read more. By the way you should ask me how short my hair is! Love ya