Tuesday, April 22, 2008

exhausted

... I am, and it is only Tuesday, afternoon.

Slim and I visited Orlando, this past weekend and had a wonderful time celebrating my dad's birthday! He is such a great man, and we really love being able to be together as a family.

We went to Maggiano's, and we at soooo much delicious food! This was my second time eating there, but the first was in Nashville. We don't have one in SW Florida, but I am hoping it comes pretty soon!

We had 'family style' dinner: 2 appetizers, 2 salads, 2 pastas, 2 entrees, and 2 desserts. I know that makes it seem not that much, because 6 people were eating off of those, but the servings were enormous, and they brought you as much of it as you want.

We started with Zucchini Fritte, Spinach and Artichoke dip, Caesar salad, and Chopped Salad. (The Zucchini was my favorite)

Then they brought us lasagna, Rigatoni D, Chicken Parmesan, and Chicken Saltimbocca. (Rigatoni D was maybe the best tasting pasta dish I had ever eaten, besides of course my mom's)

For dessert we had their special which was a chocolate cake with an orange liquor creme filling, along with their homemade profiteroles (basically cream puffs minus the cream, plus ice cream).

Let me just say, if you have Maggiano's where you live, give it a try, you won't be disappointed!

3 comments:

Beth said...

There is on near Valley Forge, just outside the KOP mall. AMAZING!! Its probably a good thing we don't live too close to these places :)

Art Teacher said...

I'm glad that you guys are hanging out with me tonight while Kevo is away!

The Arnold Family said...

8 more days!