Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The chili I made in my crockpot


Olive Oil Spray
1 pound ground extra-lean turkey
1 (10.75 ounce) cans low sodium tomato soup
1 can diced mild tomatoes with chilies
2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons chili powder
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 pinch ground allspice
salt to taste


Spray the skillet with the olive oil spray. Over medium heat, brown turkey in the skillet.
Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray, and mix in turkey, tomato soup, tomatoes, kidney beans, black beans and onion. Season with chili powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, cumin, black pepper, allspice and salt.
Cover, and cook 8 hours on Low or 4 hours on High.

4 comments:

Beth said...

First of all I love the new blog look!
Second, I'm so excited to see a food post on your blog! :) Now if only Jake would eat beans, I would try making it, but it sounds yummy! :)

Art Teacher said...

Is this really the chili that we ate or is a picture from the recipe you got it from?

The Arnold Family said...

I made chili tonight too!

Anonymous said...

I love slim he is cute