Thursday, September 4, 2008

I have debated...

... on whether or not to confess my addiction on this here blog.

Well here it is.

On Saturday night, I picked Slim up from his brother Brad's home. While we were there, Slim decided that we were going to borrow the dvds of a HBO show that only made it two seasons.

I will let you know that at first I was skeptical of a show that was devoted to the lives of Carnies...
but now that I have spent 24 hours of my life since Saturday night watching the episodes, I will no longer say that I am skeptical. Despite the show having fowl language, and a little too much nudity for my taste, the suspense and battle between good and evil enthralled me.

I have been having terrible nightmares because of the reality of this show, so if you are prone to such things, I would say to avoid, but if you are looking for a different type of show and can look past a bit of the raunchiness, Carnavale just might be the one for you. I am pretty convinced that HBO came out with this show about 4 years too early, because it would have done so well if they would have taken out the nudity along with the fowl language, and put it on prime time.

Here are some pictures of the main characters from the show...

Introducing Ben Hawkins and Brother Justin Crowe



Iris and Sophie



and last but not least, my favorite...
Sampson!




Basically it takes you on a journey through the lives of Carnies and how they take care of their own while you are watching the journey of a preacher.

What I am trying to say is that I confess that I have a problem, and will be detoxing myself throughout this weekend, as Slim and I finished the show tonight when I got home from work. I know... I have issues.

2 comments:

Erin said...

oh you are hilarious! you're making me laugh...

The Old Life said...

hehe laura you always entertain me :D
<3 you