Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Thanksgiving Hit!


My mom wanted to try a new recipe for sweet potatoes. We love the Sweet Potato Casserole at Boston Market, and so my mom and I tried to recreate it... It was a huge success.

Here is the recipe:

6 sweet potatoes
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 stick butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

***Crunch Topping***
1/3 cup melted butter
1/3 cup flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tablespoon cinnamon

Boil potatoes until tender. Remove skins when cooled. Put into a large bowl and whip them until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased casserole and top with the Crunch Topping. Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.


Trust me... you won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

Art Teacher said...

It makes me glad when you update. You seem less far away. I think that I will make that casserole very soon. Sweet tators are my favorite and I like to trick Kevin into eating them.

MommyB said...

Is that an actual pic of what you and your mom made? If so it looks amazing!!

Erin said...

so funny. we had the exact same one. wasn't it amazing!!!!!