Monday, October 13, 2008

a fabulous weekend

On Friday afternoon, Slim and I journeyed to Orlando, to visit my parents and help them take care of the kids.

If you aren't a blog stalker, then you may not know that my brother and sister-in-law are in Uganda visiting orphanages and schools, and then coming back to the states to see if they can get churches to help sponser specific ones. While they are away, my parents have all three toddles.

Now these kiddos are my heart. I love different things about each one of them, but together 3 kids ages 2, 3,and 4, can be quite a handful.

I have blogged about these bugs before, but I thought why not introduce them to you again.

Meet Bray- Age 4


Since Brayden was born, he had my heart. He is the most tender little boy with a compassion for others. He loves playing one on one, but is also a great leader for his brother and sister. He is a strong swimmer, loves music, enjoys playing games, and has the sweetest eyes you have ever seen. I love this kid more than life itself, and would be thrilled if one day when Slim and I have kids, they have some of Bray's tenderness.

Cute Brayden story: Brandi bought the kids a new movie to watch while they were away. It is called Ariel's beginnings (or something like that.) It is basically about Ariel as a little girl. Ariel's mom died and then her dad, King Tritan decided to ban music from the entire underground kingdom, because it reminded him of his wife (similar to Sound of Music, I know). Well in the story Ariel finds this underground club where the animals are playing music, and she brings her sisters there. At this point, Brayden turns to grandma and says "Why is Ariel disobeying her daddy, doesn't she know that the Bible says to 'honor your father and mother?'" Cute huh?

Introducing Gregory 'Davis'- Age 3


As you know, Davis was adopted from Liberia almost a year ago. Brandi and Greg traveled there at the end of November, 07 to bring our little guy home! Instantly Slim and I fell in love. He's a snuggler, a lover, and just a joy to be around. He loves to play ball (this kid's got an arm on him), loves laughing, can definitely be called a tease, and is the perfect fit to our family. Davis is learning more and more each day, and we are so excited to watch him grow up!

Last but not least: Gracie- Age 2


Isn't she a doll? This little girl is just adorable. She has a little raspy voice, the cutest swing in her step, and a love for her family. She has enormous blue eyes and a love of accessories. She's a girly girl through and through! Gracie loves her grandma, and always wants to be with her. My mom eats this up :). Grace is the perfect mix of sass and sweet. I love it! By the way, she must have asked us "why?" 1 million times this weekend. She is at such a fun stage!

Bray, Davis, and Gracie, Uncle Slim and I love you guys to pieces!!!

4 comments:

The Old Life said...

They are all so darling! Cute stories about each <3 it!

Brandi said...

Aren't you the sweetest aunt ever?! I LOVE that Brayden story. . I'll have to blog that one too.

Love you bunches, thanks for coming up to play with the kids! I got you something cute in Uganda!

Bran

brooke said...

Looking forward to you all to coming up again! What are the chances of us all planning something?

What a sweet post! Isn't being an aunt the best? I remember talking just like this before we had our own children. It took us awhile to get pregnant with Ellie and I cherished those sweet moments with my nephews and nieces.

And, I agree, YOUR nieces and nephews are just too cute!

Jen said...

I am one of Brandi's friends just checkin out your blog. :) What a sweet post about the kiddos!! My goodness you are just the sweetest aunt ever!