Wednesday, October 1, 2008

broke as a joke

We are broke, but happy as clams. I thought that I was going to have a nervous breakdown because we have debt, and it seems that we have no money. My husband is a champ, though. He always knows just what to say to make me feel better.

We got things figured out, but are still pretty broke... It makes me feel so much more thankful when we are in need. God always does provide.

Here are some examples of his provision since yesterday.
1. Aaron Thomas- Wachovia manager helped us work through some issues we were having with them. I asked Slim if he kissed Aaron... he said that he did much more :).
2. Slim's parents had us over for dinner last night. (we had no groceries)
3. Brad, Slim's brother gave us a gift card to Walmart for a lot of money, so that we could get groceries.
4. Our darling friends, the Buzzards, are having us over for dinner tonight.
5. Betty Lou brought me a sandwich for the past two days, so I had food.

I am sure that there were a million more things that happened. I need to be better about keeping my eyes open to the blessings that God is giving me.

...when we are weak, You are strong, Lord!

Thank you for your strength!

7 comments:

Jason, Nicole, and Rowen said...

Praise God for His provisions!!! We have all been there Hon. I was wondering if you could email me your email address...wanted to talk to you about somethin'...my email is nicoleargo@yahoo.com

The Old Life said...

We <3 you! If you need anything we'll help! :)

*hugs*

MommyB said...

I know we're pretty far away but please let us know what we can do to help!

Art Teacher said...

I will mail you pumpkin cookies! And you can eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Melanie said...

maybe it is time for a living room picnic? are you in?

The Arnold Family said...

I love you. We are joining you...Jake got no warning, blindsided, laid off today. What the heck?

Emily said...

Hang in there!