Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I John 5:14

This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, he hears us.

I have been thinking a lot about what I am going to be called to in 2008. What is His will for me? For Slim and me?

Orlando challenged us to ask God...

"Where are you leading me?" It is a scary thing to pray, but an exciting adventure to be in the center of God's will.

Our only possible response is... "where you lead me, I will go!"

I won't run ahead of His calling. I only want what He wants for me.


If I were planning for myself, in 2008...

1. I would like to become a mom.
2. I want to do some more volunteer work, whether it be with an overseas ministry, or even locally.
3. I would like to travel to Syracuse, Dayton, and Nashville before the year's end.


Just some thoughts. Random, I know.

6 comments:

Brandi said...

Random, but insightful. . .great combo! Yes, "where you lead, I will go"! Definitely my prayer as well this year. Also, my struggle of not jumping ahead of begging to much to know the destination!

Love you,
Bran

Erin said...

I share #1 with you! You are right, we have got to follow where the Lord leads...no matter what the cost (or our feelings about it).

MommyB said...

I would like you to be a mom too!

Anonymous said...

I would like you to travel to Syracuse and bring me back some sausage, baked beans, and a piece of a willow tree...
The big mac attack

SlimTronic5000 said...

I would also like to become a mom... that's on my grown up Christmas list this year...

Tessa said...

i want you to be a mom too, laura.
and ps. i dont want to hear it from anyone but you. capeesh?