Monday, December 10, 2007

The lights on my tree, I wish you could see, I wish it everyday...


Around the holidays, it makes me wish that I could be close to all my friends and family who are scattered around the US. I wish that I could make Christmas cookies with the Hams, go shopping with my mom, and play in the snow with Heather, Jake, and Sydney. I wish that I could sit and drink hot cocoa with Jenny and Danielle, like we used to. I long to sit by the fireplace with my whole family because no other room in the house was warm enough. Don't get me wrong, Christmas here is Florida is something that is totally fun. I mean where else can you have weather in the 80s in mid-December? I do love it here, but I wish all the people who I care about could be with me.

Anyhow... the Carpenters are on the Christmas music station like 30 times per day... so here it is (the lights on my tree- feel free to sing along to add to the effect)
It was dark in the room, but since I am not a professional photographer, I couldn't get the flash to work correctly to show the gorgeous bulbs... so it looks like it is the middle of the day.

Yes, we have the tree in the kitchen, it was too big to go anywhere else. Surprisingly, the Dude hasn't barked at it, or tried to eat any ornaments! I am pretty grateful for that, as I would have had to beat him. (just kidding, but seriously)

5 comments:

Jason, Nicole, and Rowen said...

Hi Laura! Your tree looks great and your peppermint bark looks yummy ~ I might have to try making some for gifts! Heather showed me some of your wedding photos online and they were BEAUTIFUL!!! Geesh, it seems like yesterday we were all at Heather and Jake's wedding.... it has been WAY too long. It would be fun to all get together!...Love ya! ~~ The Argnuts :)

SlimTronic5000 said...

"I wish that I could make Christmas cookies with the Hams, go shopping with my mom, and play in the snow with Heather, Jake, and Sydney. I wish that I could sit and drink hot cocoa with Jenny and Danielle, like we used to. I long to sit by the fireplace with my whole family because no other room in the house was warm enough."

I couldn't help but notice that you left out: "But I'm PERFECTLY content being with me ridiculously hot husband this Crimma season..."

Thanks boo... I heart you!

Beth said...

Laura,
I love your Christmas tree!! Who cares if its in the kitchen? Its your tree and your home!

Art Teacher said...

Nice Star...will you feed my cat this weekend?

MommyB said...

Awww I love your tree!! And I miss making cookies too!! I hope you, Slim and Dude have a wonderful family Christmas. Love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!