Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas with the niece and nephews.







OK, so Slim is in love with this little man. Really, how could you not be? His smile lights up the room and he is just a lover.

We spent the weekend at my parents house after a bad start, which you will hear about in a later blog. We arrived at my parent's house around 4 on Saturday, just in time to share an early dinner with them. My mom had made a roast with veggies and potatoes. Delicious, of course. After dinner, my parents, Slim, and I played cards. My dad and I won Hand and Foot.

Here is a sweet pic of Slim and his newest nephew. Aren't they cute. They came over on Sunday before church and then again after church because Brandi was feeling sick and needed some time by herself to rest. We had a blast playing with the kids.

Davis sure can dance. If you tell him to, he will just start to move his body to the music or to the music in his head, and he has really good rhythm.

We spent Sunday afternoon at the Villages visiting Uncle Mike, Aunt Marti, and Melinda. We heard some live music at the church, had a delicious dinner, and then did some dancing in the town square. If you have never heard of the Villages, check this out!
I wish that there was a place like this for us younger folks.

On Christmas Eve morning, Greg, Brandi, and the kids came over for presents and brunch. It was crazy, but it was really fun to watch the kids open their gifts. Strangely enough the favorite toy was an old doll stroller that my mom had previously purchased. Davis loved being pushed around in it... Even little Gracie took a turn pushing.

It is so amazing that this little man has warmed up so much since the last time I saw him. He will give hugs and smile at everyone now... well not everyone. Church still was a bit overwhelming for him. I have come to be ok with the face that he likes Uncle Slim more than me. :)

There were the most pics of Davis from this trip, I mean we do have 2 years to make up for...

We stayed to watch the kids open their stockings on Christmas morning. They had their new robes on, and were so cute. Our camera battery had died at that point, so you will have to check out Brandi's blog to see those ones.

Isn't Brayden sweet?
I think that my favorite quote from all of Christmas was when Brayden opened up his Lightning McQueen helmet and pads and said... "wow, totally coo!" He was so excited about Christmas this year. He wanted to help everyone open their presents and was so glad to give gifts too. Greg and Brandi took the kids to the dollar store to pick out gifts for all the adults. I got a horse statue, some clear playing cards, and Noah's Arc characters. Slim got a sword and a motorcycle. Pretty much our favorite presents.

We made it back in time to spend the day with Slim's family. You will have to wait on pictures of that, because as I said before, the camera battery died. I know that there are some pictures from that day though, because Haley got a new camera.

3 comments:

Brandi said...

Yes. . now I just have to get around to posting my hundreds of pics from the weekend!

You are the best. . PLEASE come up and visit us. . .the kids already miss you guys!

Love you,
Bran

MommyB said...

Awww I'm glad you got to have a great Christmas with family! Your niece and nephews sure are cute!!

Tessa said...

Nice bloggage.
NOW BRING ON THE "tough start" or whatever to the beginning of the story....?!