Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Sorry about no posts...

A lot has happened since last I posted.


The most major event was that I turned 27 on Sunday, November 11th.


Here is the birthday week story:


Slim told me a few weeks ago that he had to go to Orlando for the Hillsong Conference, and that he would be gone for my birthday. I wasn't thrilled about this idea, but at the same time, I would never keep him from seeing Hillsong United.


He and I celebrated all throughout that week. He got me the most amazing presents and we just had a blast. On Thursday night, we went to Carabbas for dinner and then saw Dan in Real Life. For those of you who haven't seen it yet, it was really good. Check it out. I said goodbye to him on Friday morning, and wouldn't see him again until Sunday night.


On Friday night, I went over to hang out with the Joneses. We had pizza and watched Grey's Anatomy. I went home around 9 and went to bed early. On Saturday morning, I woke up and got ready for Walk Now for Autism. (Pictures to follow... they are on the laptop and I need to upload them from there). Team Summit raised over 23,000 dollars to help in Autism research. It was so awesome to see over 400 people turn out to be a support to the community. The weather was awesome, too!


I spend the afternoon relaxing and then got ready for dinner with the girls at Sushi Thai. I rode to Naples with Carly, Abby, and Mel. We were running late, but I tried not to freak out about it. When I got there, I walked up and thought that it was quite ironic that the DeAngelis family was also having dinner at Sushi Thai and sitting at the table right next to us. I walked up to the table and then all the girls husbands jumped out and yelled surprise. It was so shocking, but I thought to myself, this is nice, but I am the only single one here. About a minute later I hear... "did someone say something about a party?" Slim came out from hiding in the bathroom, and I was shocked. I was amazed that he had come home early to throw this surprise party. Come to find out, he never went away in the first place. He had stayed at his parent's house and even been to the house while I was at the walk to shower and get ready. Crazy kid, that Slim. The party was awesome... there are pics of that, too. I will upload them tonight.


My official birthday was awesome, too. I went to both services at church because I knew that Kari, John, and the kids would be at the 9:00. Then I had special birthday lunch with Slim, Carly, and Kevin, at La Bamba... where we always go. (If it is good, why mess with it?)


In the afternoon, we got some bad news. Slim's Aunt Ellen, who has been suffering with breast cancer for years, passed away on Saturday night. We are sad because she will be missed, but we are thrilled to announce that she is with her Heavenly Father and no longer in pain! We spent the afternoon as his parents house, and then went to pick up my car, from church.




On the way there, John DeAngelis called to say that they had two extra box seats to Elton John, so I had the wonderful blessing of seeing Sir Elton John with pretty much everyone else in SW Florida. There were more people there than I have ever seen in Germain. Apparently it sold out in 41 minutes. It was crazy, but such a fun way to end my birthday!

Thanks to everyone who made it fun! Love you guys!

8 comments:

Liana said...

you got to see Elton John?!
I'm officially jealous!

Glad you had a great birthday!

Erin said...

I am so glad you had a great birthday. I am soooo jealous you got to see Elton! We are sorry we couldn't make the party. It would have been fun...but I am glad you had a great weekend. I love surprises! Let's have coffee soon!

Brandi said...

Happy Birthday! We love you!

MommyB said...

Aww sounds like you had an awesome day, you have a great hubby and some good friends!

Art Teacher said...

hey what about the pictures?????????????????

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Girl! I'm older than you? You were so much more mature than me throughout high school. Rhonda and I love Grey's - we are hooked. Sorry about Slim's aunt and Elton John is the man or is he? Anyway Happy Birthday!

Sheri said...

Looks like you had a great time Laura! WOO HOO for a birthday week!

Tessa said...

I'm sorry i couldnt make it to the party. I wish i could have gone! I want to see the pictures! of the party and the walk!
I love you!
And Im sorry about Slim's aunt. Ive seen her around before in the town of myspace.