Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Three personal goals (as given me by my husand)

This past weekend, Slim and I went on a mini-getaway to celebrate with Rachel as she turned 25. We surprised her as well as my parents who were arriving back from Colorado Springs.

On the way home, Slim and I really got to talk about a lot of things. We always seem to do this when we are driving back from my parent's house. We hash things out, cry a bit, dream a lot, and attempt to make plans.

Lately I have been feeling really down in the dumps. I am not sure why, but I have been struggling with anxiety, loneliness, and depression. I just haven't been myself. To be honest with you, since Carly and Kevin moved (a year and a half ago) I really don't feel like I do anything without Slim being a apart of it. I feel like I have no friends, I feel like I have no purpose, and I sometimes feel like I have no hope. The great thing is, as soon as I think those things, I can talk myself back around, but the thoughts are definitely there!

When we were driving, I was having one of my sad times, Slim really tried to help me snap out of it. He actually gave me three goals for the next 6 months. They are as follows. (Please note, these are goals and not New Year's resolutions)

1. Make some new friends, or at least hang out with my old ones.
It is amazing that when you are depressed and down, you feel like everyone is against you. I can convince myself that I have no friends, because people don't call or text back. I know people have lives, and I need to stop letting it bother me, and just keep being persistent and get out there and have a little fun. Haha.

2. Slim says that I need a hobby.
If you have known me very long, you will know that I think of myself as someone with not a lot of talent. I can do many things decently, but nothing stands out as something that I really love or am really good at. I have perfectionist qualities which make me not interested in trying something new, with the thought of not being good at it. Silly I know... but it is just how I am. So all that to say, is help me find a hobby. I would appreciate any and all suggestions!

3. Get pregnant.
It is time to make this happen. That is all I am going to say about that!


Well those are my goals that will hopefully be accomplished by the end of June.

9 comments:

Melanie said...

i love you and i am sorry for not being so great at friendship

Laura said...

Mel..

I didn't post this to make people feel bad. I posted it because the thoughts that I have are thoughts, but not really the truth, but I would love to hang out with you soon!

Love you

Erin said...

Let's hang sista! I'm all about it. I thought we set a coffee date and now I can't find it on my calendar. Message me and remind me if you have it. I appreciate your honest and openness on your blog.There is a lot to be said for coming out and saying how you've been feeling (to Slim, to your friends, on your blog, etc)... I think there is real healing that begins there. Just pray that the Lord would make very clear what HIS will is for you in the up and coming year! I'll pray the same!

Art Teacher said...

AAAhhhhh....that is me crying!!!!
I love when you blog...you know really blog, like this.
Here are some ideas for hobbies.
1. Blogging everyday till Lent
2. Sewing, I know you how to do it. You could make Libby pillow case dresses
3. Start a bunko group
4. making mosaic tiles...oh wait you actually were not very good at that
5. Do an aerobic class
6. Knitting
7. Cake decorating
Shall I go on?
I love you.
I wish you were here. Or I was there.
We could eat some cake together and not count the points! :)

Jessica said...

I just love you Lola! And I love your honesty!! I actually googled all sorts of hobbie yesterday...I will have to call you with the results :)You are wonderful and I am excited for you this year!!

Brittani said...

I love our goals...
I suggest Photography as a new hobby. You can take courses at your local community college and meet new people there too... that is a great hobby because you can take pics Anywhere You Go. Plus, it will really come in handy when that baby comes :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sheri said...

Great goals! Way to go!

:):):)

咪叩~ said...

飛梭雷射 ,脈衝光 ,除斑 ,barcode reader,barcode scanner,barcode scanners,handheld scanner,laser scanner,室內設計 ,裝潢 ,宜蘭招待所 ,宜蘭場地,宜蘭獨棟,宜蘭住宿,宜蘭Villa,清潔公司,結婚金飾 ,鑽石 ,plastic packaging,beauty care packaging,colour box printing,prinring supplier,printing manufacturer,color prinring,colour box,color printing,printing service,color printing,