Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Models... I think not

Some of you may not know this, but a while back, I was in training to be a model... well a plus size model, well not really. There is a joke in my family, that goes a few years back-- here is the story.

In 2001, the McElhenys along with the Goffs, went to New Smyrna Beach for a summer vacation. While we were there, we traveled to Daytona to go to the mall and to a movie. Upon entering the mall, a questionable man approached me and asked me if I was a model- now mind you, I am taller than most, but I am definitely not model material. I of course laughed right out loud because I was probably the only one who saw the true humor in that statement. He then proceeded to tell me that he was Will Smith's brother, and they starred together in an up and coming movie, Ali. I proceeded to laugh again because I again saw the humor in this statement, as there was no question in my mind that this man was off his gourd. He told me that he would get me all these jobs, yada yada yada... so when we walked away from this man, the entire family was in hysterics. Larry Goff, who has seen me put away some food, found a large amount of humor in this statement, and every time I ate that week, he asked me if I was in training to be a model, for Sara Lee. Funny, huh?

Well tonight, I will actually have a photo shoot. I am super excited, because Slim and I are getting our engagement pictures taken, and we were pretty much guaranteed that we would be made to look like models, so stay tuned for proofs of that.

You can be checking http://www.ashleybrockinton.com/ the proofs and blog section to see them once they are up for viewing. We will not be doing the traditional, go to the beach and wear khaki, denim, and white, so you definitely want to check these out!

2 comments:

Art Teacher said...

I can't wait to see them. Kevin is a little sad he won't be able to be there to hold the flash! They're going to be great!

Brandi said...

You crack me up! I can't wait to see them. . .if only you would gain some weight we COULD send them to Sara Lee.