Thursday, June 21, 2007

Just me

So, I have been reading everyone else's blogs and so I decided that the time has come for me to become a blogger myself. I am going to use this space to share the exciting that God is doing in my life and the lives of the people I love.


Here is a small bio on me...

My name is Laura McElheny and I will become Laura Gillian on September 15th, of this year. God has given me a man with such a heart for people, and this excites me. I met Slim Gillian through Summit Church, and he is more than I could have ever imagined.

I moved to SW Florida 4 years ago, after graduating from college, and teaching in NY for 1 year. I taught 4th grade at First Baptist Academy, in Naples, Fl for 3 years, until God called me to something totally different. I now manage Home Instead Senior Care, a non-medical care provider for seniors, who live in their homes. God is just letting me care for people of all ages.

I am going to try and post daily, so that I can keep people informed of what is going on in my life, wedding plans and all of that.

Philippians 1:20 I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage, so that now, as always, Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

2 comments:

MommyB said...

Hi Laur,
I think it is great that you've started a blog, I look forward to hearing about how things are going for you, wedding planning and how God is working in your life. Hope you are doing great. Love you!!

Jenn

Sheri said...

WOW Laura.....Thanks for sending me the link.....You just got married!!??? YEAH! Congrats!!! I will link your blog to mine so I can stay up!:)