Friday, August 28, 2009

The jouney...

I am not going to break into song about having another mountain to move, yada yada yada, but I do want to talk about the journey that I am on.

This morning while I was sitting on my counter in the bathroom with my Bible in one hand and hair dryer in the other, I came upon some great Scripture that was a perfect fit for how I have been feeling lately.

The past year has been tough, financially, emotionally, and spiritually. I feel like I am traveling down this path.
One thing that I love about Lombard Street is that it is not very long, but it sure is windy. The distance from start to finish would be so much shorter if we chose a direct path, but I do want you to take note of the glorious beauty along the way.

So much of me, a typical type A person, wants to just get to where I am going. Lately I have been forced to enjoy this crazy journey that I have been on.

It hasn't been easy... that's for sure, but here is the Scripture. I hope that it encourages you as much as it did for me.

Isaiah 35:3-10
Strengthen the feeble hands,
steady the knees that give way;
say to those with fearful hearts,
"Be strong, do not fear;
your God will come,
he will come with vengeance;
with divine retribution
he will come to save you."
Then will the eyes of the blind be opened
and the ears of the deaf unstopped.
The will the lame leap like a deer,
and the mute tongue will shout for joy.
Water will gush forth in the wilderness
and streams in the desert.
The burning sand will become a pool,
the thirsty ground bubbling springs.
In the haunts where jackals once lay,
grass and reeds and papyrus will grow.
And a highway will be there;
it will be called the Way of Holiness
.
The unclean will not journey on it;
it will be for those who walk in that Way;
wicket fools will not go about on it.
No lion will be there
nor any ferocious beast get up on it;
they will not be found there.
But only the redeemed will walk there,
and the ransomed of the Lord will return.
They will enter Zion with singing;
everlasting joy will crown their heads.
Gladness and joy will overtake them,
and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Sometimes in our lives, our journey is straight and smooth, other times are full of habitual sin, distance from God, or other difficulties that make our journey rocky and windy. We are all heading somewhere and the most important thing is Who is with us along the way.

I don't know where the long and winding road is leading you, but I do know this: if you remember passing Calvary, you are on the right road. - Patsy Clairmont

8 comments:

Jason, Nicole, and Rowen said...

Thank you for this, friend.

Gidget said...

Beautiful! I love the picture, it does seem like life sometimes. It could be so much easier, but then you would be missing all of that beauty. You are a beautiful person. Thankyou for sharing that with us.

Melanie said...

that is a beautiful scripture verse. and Patsy Clairmont is so funny, have you ever heard her speak?

Brittani said...

great reminder... thanks :) That picture was a beautiful image to help remember that passage. Awesome

Kate said...

I sure do love you.

I hate that windy roads happen in my friends' lives (and my own, for that matter). But I love your redeeming eyes on the windy-ness and the beauty that flows out of you because of it.

Art Teacher said...

I love this post.
Life is more interesting when it twist and turns like that. I wish I was on more of the bends though and not just once or twice a year...

Jessica said...

I love that! And I love you!!

jake said...

do you have some kind of hookup/discount at anthropologie? i'm lusting after a bag there that i can't buy! lol sorry that just doesn't go with this inspirational post!!! looooooove yaaaaaaa