Tuesday, May 27, 2008

a ball of emotions

yep. That has been me for the last week or so.


Some exciting news to start the blog... Kevin Jones, Mr. Robotics, got a job! (For those of you who have been out of the loop, Kev's company went bankrupt and for the past month has been out of work.) He has been on a bunch of interviews, and as of last Wednesday has a job!


Now for the awful, terrible, sad, heart wrenching news... This new job is in Richmond VA! Yes, friends, you heard that correctly, not Sunny South West Florida. Yes again, that is 14 hours away from us, the Gillians. Sad.


I haven't really been able to talk about it without crying. I actually am welling up with tears, just thinking about writing it... I think about the last FRIENDS episode when Rachel is moving and having to say all of her goodbyes, it is just awful. Ya know, Carly, besides Slim, is my person. The one that I tell everything. The one who tells me to snap out of it when I am having a bad attitude. The one that I just go and hang out with when I don't want to be sitting at my house.


I know that this is the best thing for them. They have a baby coming in 3 months. They need the work, but still that doesn't make it any easier.


I always thought that our little ones would grow up together: Little Gillian teaching Little Jones to play air guitar while Little Jones teaches Little Gillian to finger paint. I hate the fact that they are going to know each other through visits, stories, blogs, and phone calls. It breaks my heart that they won't be able to see each other every day if they wanted to, like Car and I have been able to for the last 4 years.


I know that I am being so selfish, and that this is just one more of the fights with God that I have no chance at winning. I just get sad wondering about things like, Who are we going to sit with at church? Who am I going to call when I need to borrow some fun shirt or funky jewelry? Who will meet me to go shopping for things that I don't need? Who will go to Teavana, Starbucks, Ruby Tuesdays, or any other establishment, on just some whim?


Slim says that I have to stop crying about it because I am going to ruin the last few weeks with them. I wish that I knew how...


Know this. Slim and I love these two people, and Little Liberty, too!




Car and Kev, You will always have a place to stay when you need to soak up some sun! You guys mean the world to us and we are so thankful for the friends that you have been. (And will continue to be)

5 comments:

Art Teacher said...

The funniest thing about this blog is when I first read it I must have skipped the part about Friends and just read "when Rachel moved away..." and I was like "who the heck is Rachel, I didn't Laura had a friend named Rachel."

Seedling said...

aw Laura :( i'm sorry dont be sad its not fun to see you sad!

i dont have funky jewlery but if i did i'd let you borrow it ;)

Brandi said...

I'm welling up with tears for you. I know exactly how you feel. Those are the same things I felt when John and Renae moved away. Life isn't the same without them in this city. I cried when I looked at Renae's birth pictures b/c I wasn't holding Abe. I'm sorry it hurts. . I know God will use it, but it sucks.

PS I think it's ok to cry. . if Carly is crying with you! Renae didn't want to "go there" so I cried alone, which sucked even more!

I love you,
Bran

Melanie said...

that made me tear up!

The Arnold Family said...

Sheeesh! Now I'm sad too!