Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Things I am excited to introduce to Slim

So as you may or may not know, Slim and I get to go on vacation with my family, to Syracuse next week. I grew up there, but my Sweet Babe has never been.

Here are some things that he will get to experience for the very first time, while we are there. Now bear with me, because most of it is food, but that is pretty much the best part of the crazy city.

First...

A coney from Heid's Hot dogs. Well, Slim has had a coney cooked at home, but never at Heid's. They serve Hoffman's hot dogs and coneys, and I would bet my life on the fact that they are the best in the entire universe.

Next...
These delicious headlight donuts. Well actually pretty much anything that you can get at a real bakery... whether it be these

or these

or these
which by the way are not called 'black and white cookies' rather 'half moon cookies'

I am also excited to bring him to Missio Church to see our darling friends who moved up there to start a branch of Summit Church in my home town.

I am going to also bring him here...

For those of you who think that Publix is the best Supermarket, you obviously have never been to Wegman's. That's all I have to say about that.

Here are some other things that we are going to do during our journey-
-Have dinner with the Joneses
-Stay at the Maple Tree Inn, my uncle's hotel
-Visit with Sarah, Joel, and Owen
-Go to a family reunion
-Visit Heather, Jake, Sydney, and Nathan
-Go to Brant Lake for the weekend
-Visit with Jess Winebrenner on the way home.

By the way, I need vacation more than you could know!

7 comments:

Sheri said...

Can I come?!!!

have fun!

Art Teacher said...

Hooray for dinner with the Jones', do you think that you can just stay? Or can we come with you to get a hot dog b/c that sounded so good? Love you so much, can't wait to see you.

Together We Save said...

The cookie looks amazing.

Liana said...

that's right - I don't know what I'd do without Wegman's in my life. Hope you have a nice vacation in good ol' NY :)

MommyB said...

Go wegmans!

Jenn said...

Oh I had fun reading this!! My mom feels the same way about Heid's. She swears by them. Hope Slim enjoys his first visit.

Sarah Marie said...

Maybe Slim will like the Cuse so much that you will just have to visit WAY more often. And I definitely think Wegman's beats Publix.